September is National Recovery Month. This national observance both educates and celebrates that substance use treatment and mental health services can enable those with mental and substance use disorders to live healthy and rewarding lives.
Events throughout New Jersey are observing the 30th anniversary of National Recovery Month. Check here to find an event in your area.
Saturday, September 7, 2019:
- Head to Hiering Avenue on the Boardwalk, Seaside Heights, N.J. for the 6th Annual Hope Walk, a two-mile family-friendly walk organized by HOPEShedsLight.org. Registration begins at 8 a.m. ($10.00), followed by entertainment, vendors, face painting, inspirational speakers. Rain or shine.
- The 9th Annual Passaic County Recovery Walk celebrates the 10th anniversary of the Recovery Community Center at Eva's Village. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., 77 Hamilton St., Courthouse Square, Paterson, N.J. On site registration begins at 9:30 a.m., followed by a walk to Eastside Park to celebrate recovery with food, music and fun.
- The 2nd Annual Recovery Beach Bash takes place from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Asbury Park Beach, N.J. organized by High Focus Centers.
Saturday, September 14, 2019:
- Compete in a fun 5K Walk/Run with the Angels at Mercer County Park- West Picnic Area, West Windsor, N.J. On site registration is at 8 a.m.to 9:15 a.m. Walk starts at 9:30 a.m., runners start at 10 a.m., through scenic park trails. Prizes to top finishers and post-race refreshments, testimonials from recoverees and special guests. Entry is $25 in advance, $30 race day.
Saturday, September 21, 2019:
- Atlantic City celebrates National Recovery Month with the BoardWALK for Recovery, 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Brighton Park. Free registration begins at 8:30 a.m., walk begins at 10 a.m. Proceeds benefit Boardwalk Community Recovery Center.
- The New Jersey Walk for Wellness and Concert in the Park,9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., at Liberty State Park is organized by New Jersey Recovery Advocates.
Saturday, September 28, 2019:
- National Recovery Month culminates with the Unite Recovery New Jersey Rally , 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., a free event at The College of New Jersey, 2000 Pennington Rd., Ewing, N.J. the event includes speakers in long term recovery, live entertainment, games and giveaways.